The first time I was given the responsibility to make some stew for the family, It came out really bad . With some years of experience I finally managed to find a signature stew that I make for my family. It’s so easy to tell when I’ve cooked it.
• 1 kilo rolled beef
• 4 sliced onions
• 2 dessertspoons vinegar
• 4 sliced tomatoes
• 3 chopped cloves of garlic
• Half a teaspoon black pepper
• 2 chopped sweet peppers
• A quarter cup of ghee or cooking fat
• Lime juice
• 1 Fresh ginger root
• 3 cups of water
• 1 tablespoon ground Rice.
1) Marinate the meat in all the ingredients except ghee.
2) Leave to stand for 2 to 3 hours.
3) Heat the fat /oil. When it’s hot, brown the meat,then add the marinade.
4) Pressure cook on low heat for about 20 minutes, or cook till the meat is tender. Cook until the gravy is very thick.
5) Garnish with parsley.
6) Serve hot with rice, Sima/Ugali or matoke.
Enjoy your meal.